Large Area Bid-alot of guidance!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Alright here is the deal. Its for a development. About 25 acres of open space hardly any obstacles. The kicker is Im bidding against Brickman. So you know what that means. My angle Im working is I offer snow removal and they are right on my route going to my other developments. I will be using 3 72in mowers there so it shouldnt take that long, what is your thoughts on pricing. Normally Im the most exspensive out there, but I have to be careful on this one because of who Im bidding against. Thanks alot guys!

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm not being a smart arss, but you stated you already do other developments, I just would think if your at that level why do you need help from others in here.:confused: Not that no one would help but, these questions can really only be answered by you. I could see if you were brand new to this business or never bid commercial accounts before but by the sounds of it you have "other developments" Sorry man these types of questions just don't sound right to me. Too much fishin'.:nono:

3. Craftybigdog

Well basically the other developments arent this large and I know I need to sharpen my pencil for this one. The largest I do now around there is 3 acres not near this.

4. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

3 machines at 65 per hr = 195 per hr x 4hrs $780 per cut..give it a shot 2 things can happen ,you get it or you dont..good luck tell us how you make out

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'd say someone with a WAM would get this kind of property. from what i've seen on here i'd say that the bid will be somewhere between 500-550 a pop... all you WAM guys, correct me if i'm wrong....:waving:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

job will go for 1/2 that I bet, maybe a little more.

7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Whats a WAM?

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Wide Area Mower, like the bat-wing type.

9. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you sir.

10. Craftybigdog

Half that are you kidding?