large area blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ArTurf, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What blower would you recommend for blowing leaves and pinestraw off golf course fairways. I have in mind something that could be pulled by a golf cart or utility type vehicle.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Most golf courses I see have tractors with pto mounted blowers. I think there is several companies that make them.

3. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

ebz8000 is a powerful blower by redmax try it.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,...get out there and blow the pine needles off an entire fairway with a backpack blower. Then,...it's on to the next. :hammerhead: :laugh:

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What about the Buffalo Turbine blowers? has he checked those out? They can be mounted on a trailer and pulled or if he has a utility vehicle he could put it in the bed. They make front mount blowers for Grasshopper, Walker and I think I've seen one on a front mount Toro Grounds Master. On edit Idealtim beat me to it.

Rob

7. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

agri-metal makes the PTO blowers for tractors. My dad and I just bought one for $400!! (BW 300) Its in basically brand new condition. His 24 hp Kubota does well with it and I cant wait untill I get to use it on some of our larger leaf clean-ups this year.
    http://www.agrimetal.com/

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

They use the buffalo turbines on a golf course I maintain several homes on. Now everybody's fescue is transitioning into bermuda at an extremely accelerated rate.:laugh:

9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

You're exactly right. I saw this machine for the first time being used at the Expo. It is unbelievable. The air direction and air speed is controlled by a wireless remote. By far the most powerful blower that I have seen. :usflag:

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda wonder if that blower that Walker makes that mounts on the front might do the trick. But if you don't have any Walikers it wouldbe cost effective.