Large Area Hydroseeding

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Jan 8, 2008.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys do large area hydroseeding? I have an opportunity to do some with a subcontractor of mine for a subdivision and wanted to see what the going rate was for large areas (3acres+). Thanks for any help. My cost from the sub is $1,500/acre for a rye/fescue mix with everything including tacfier.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i dont know what it works out to but we have a guy in michigan that does it for 4 cents a square foot. i think thats right or maybe it was 4 cents a sq yard. i would have to punch it in on a calculator to find out.

3. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

Sqft Is Probally Right. My Guy Is Quoting Me .03cents Per Square Foot. So With The Regionaly Different Prices, That Should Be Right.

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

What Do You Charge When You Resell It?

5. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

Add a penny if you can get your money fast and if he wants to use you as a bank 5.5cents.

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

Good Info. I Upchagred 1.5cents Per Foot. For The Whole Job That Would Be An Upcharge Of $2,780.00 (4 Acres)

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

1500 per acre is a very good price almost so good idk how hes making money... i would say if your paying .03 then go up to .05 and you should still be able to get the job...

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

The Company I Am Subing Out To Is A Sod Farm That Is About An Hour Away That Has A Local Office. Keep In Mind A Lot Of Stuff Is More Expensive Up There In Jersey. Plus, This Is For A Fescue And Rye Mix. Not Straight Fescue Spray.

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I don't understand how they do it. I get that using my hay blower spreading mulch hay and usually get more than .03 cents a foot.

10. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Take that qoute and run. That is a great price from a sub. Not saying I couldnt match that but I'd happen to sharpen my pencil. Homeowners I am generally in the .10 area for moderate raking and hydroseeding on jobs from .5 acres to 1 acre.