large bids

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I was just wondering how others break down pricing. Usually it's $35 minimum for up to a 5k then $3 after that, but when do you start dropping per k 2.9,2.5,2.3 ect. I'm trying to compete with some of the other larger companies and it seems like the bottom rate per k is $2.3.

Thoughts? :gunsfirin competition

2. Moonlight

Moonlight LawnSite Member

Minimum charge is 40.00 My rate is 175.00 for the first acre and 125.00 every acre over that up to 5 acres. I only offer that rate if it is smooth and I can spray it on my magnum.

3. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Man that sounds about where I'm at too, but larger companies seem to be around $135 for one acre. TGCL has some one acre accounts for around $90. That's insane, I have noticed these sells reps. are all over the place. It's anarchy!!:dizzy:

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Nitroman where are you in Indiana?

5. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Indianapolis, I have a very large family in Evansville and Newburgh! I get down there a lot, it seems like most of those yards have zoysia and wild garlic running ramped. I bet your hot commodity down therepayup

6. J Hisch

Charging for large bids is usually done by 1 not charging the first 35.00 just charging the straight price per thousand. any range from 2.50 to 3.10 you will not land many bids at the 3 dollar range. Tru-green usually will bid as such

2 acres about 2.80-3.06 per thousand
    2 plus 2.50-2.79 range

5 and over about 112-118 per acre, yes they are all over the place but just do your best, but 35.00 for first 5 thousand then charge about 2.65 per thousand after that. grouping is important.

7. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

When everyone starts talking price, it gets confusing. You area of the country factors in, competitition, your costs, etc.

But, it seems like everyone just puts price per acre out there. What is included for that price per acre. My range is much broader depending on what the client is looking for. I range from 127 / A all the way up to $350 per acre. Depends on the application, and program.

So for my benefit. Let us know what you are providing for you per acre price.

8. J Hisch

I dont get into detail with the customer unless they have specs. I keep it simple, keep the weeds out and the grass as healthly as possible under certain enviromental conditions.

I have posted our most basic program in the past on the site. My findings have not been that most customers what the Augusta national look, they want green color, and no weeds. They are really just paying us ot keep the weeds out. Most people can fertilize. So when I am talking price I am talking about our most basic program.

R1 13-2-5 .107 Dimension
    R2 Green Fee Chleated Iron-Triplett
    R3 5-5-20 Spot if needed
    R4 24-4-12 50% Uflex 1% Iron
    R5 Triplett SF
    R6 46-0-0