1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LARGE brush removal jobs?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Ive done a lot of brush removal so im familar with what needs to be done. I have one i am quoted out locally that literally is almost 200ft of woods line and the property goes past the line that is ~50ft thick. The large trees will stay, it wont be seeded, just all brush removed and chipped up. Ive only used chainsaws, brush cutters, and chipper on stuff before.

Something this large would need more labor of course, but is there any way to for me not to spend 6 days doing it with only a couple guys?

I was thinking of using a skid steer and pushing all the stuff thats not the big trees, into a pile to make it more accessible:confused: , but then ill spend 100 hours on end just cutting up the pile until im done..
  2. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Cut the stumps off an rent a chipper
  3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

if its possible push it into piles and burn it...that way you dont have to sort through all the vines trying to pull stuff out to feed the chipper.

or rent a tub grinder but that might be a little much
  4. Rowski

Rowski LawnSite Member

One of these might help. Around here they are not available for rent. Might have to have it hired out, be the middle man and make a few $$.

btw... The units are called "Rotary Drum Brush Mulcher".

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

yeah that looks neat, my local Deere dealer sells the positraks.. btw, not that a skid steer wouldnt work, but theres a good deal of larger trees in here so im going to have to cut up a lot in there with the chainsaws before i attempt at anything smaller with a big machine... theres a good deal of briers in there too :/
  6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have the big ASV, but I do have, and use the RC-30 with a 4' bush hog on the front for brush removal. It'll grind up to 3-4" trees, and multiflora rose bushes with ease. After it gets mowed, I rake the area with a grapple bucket, and either load to a roll off can, or pile up and burn.:blob2: :blob2: