Large Commercial Properties Bidding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PearsonExteriors, Dec 20, 2007.

1. PearsonExteriors

PearsonExteriors LawnSite Member

What is a fair per acre price in your area for mowing large 10+ acre commercial properties?

2. VisionsLandscaping

VisionsLandscaping LawnSite Member

Residential I charge right at 80 per acre no trimming.

3. VisionsLandscaping

takes me about 20 minutes for an acre of flat land.

4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Great another one

5. PearsonExteriors

Yeah I know how long it takes. I just was wondering what some rates were nationwide per acre or per hour. I especially would like to know for large properties. So I am looking for something in this form. These are sample numbers for example sake only
    .5 acre-35
    1 acre-40
    2 acre-80
    3 acre-115
    4 acre-150
    5 acre-180
    6 acre-210
    7 acre-240
    8 acre-270
    each additional acre $30
    (pleasantville, USA)
    Basically what I am looking for is a base rate per acre, then how much to deduct for additional acres, if any, in your area.
    I am not as curious about residential. I am more looking at commercial specifically, and trying to get an idea on how prices vary by region.

6. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I mow a place that is 17 acres total. The building and parking lot take up about 3 acres of that. I charge $175 to mow it. Now I realize that it is on the cheap side, however, I got the contract and others did not. Some bids came is as high as $600 per cut. I do know that one of the previous companies charged $250. I use a 72" EFI Toro Z Master and by myself this place takes me about 2 1/2hours. I usually have a friend help me with his 72" Dixie and then it takes about 1/2 that time. I think that its decent money. I know I could get more but I like to keep them happy. So far this month for snow plowing there, they owe me about $2700 so really I get my money other ways. Also, the mowing is all wide open and you can fly.

7. VisionsLandscaping

Rates vary from region to region.
    Landscapes are a factor,
    how many people will be working.Is there trimming?
    Always factor in cost it will take to do it.

theres no deduction for additional acres around here.

8. PearsonExteriors

I know that, if you read above, you will find that I am wondering mostly about how they vary by region.

9. VisionsLandscaping

around in my area we charge by the hour not by the job. We have found that if most acres are flat and accessible with no trees it can be done withouttrimming for around $80. depending on the landform.

10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

14 acres for 175/......this just keeps getting better