1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Large economy size LEAF LOADER!! (pic)

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by razor1, Nov 23, 2009.

1. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I spotted this guy earlier today. :usflag:

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow i bet that thing is pretty powerful
  3. dose0018

dose0018 LawnSite Member

One of thoes is on eBay right now. It is old but hey only want a few thousand for it. They are crazy looking.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

My city public works uses them,they pull them around with dump trucks. They work really well and are pretty loud too!
  5. GracesLandscaping

GracesLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i wish i had a pic of one of our city lead collectioin trucks... they are a truck (not a trailer like that) and they are huge and have LOADS of power... no tellin what they cost

from CT

does anyone know how many horsepower a loader like that has??
  7. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

the few I have seen for sale have been 80 to 110 horsepower diesel.
  8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Right around 100hp seems to be the usual horse power for machines this size. And most engines also seem to be diesel as well. So these things got to have some serious power to them. But it also has to weigh a lot when it gets full.

from CT

i bet that would suck just about anything
  10. KyLawnscapes

KyLawnscapes LawnSite Member

There made by ODB. They make a bunch of leaf removal stuff. I have 2 of there boxes for sale if anyone is interested on in on a dump insert and one goes on a flatbed dump, its about 80 inches wide and 10 feet long and 8 feet tall and has a huge platform to mount the vacum over the cab. I have the vac that goes on it, but needs motor work. Its a 4cyl wisconsen. vde65 or something like that. sorry to ramble but pm if any questions on odb stuff.