Large fixed deck mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Went to my dealers today and he has a good deal on a 48 inch hydro Fixed deck bobcat. $6000 CDN for it. I recently bough a 32 fixed deck belt drive ($3900) and I find my self using it rarely. Im just wondering if its worth it to go for the bigger hydro even though its fxed deck. I would much prefer the 48 since its hydro and I can probably sell my 32 for next to new prices.

Cheers and thanks for the opinions.

Jeff

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

48 I wouldnt be too worried about. Lots of people using 48 fixed decks around here. They also use some 52 fixed decks...and there are a few 61 fixed decks around even.

It really depends what you mow. Alot of flat ground or alot of uneven ground...

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Well right now I have a 52" rider and a 32" walk behind. I find the 32" belt drive w/b to be to small for everything except small backyards and even then since its belt drive it can be a pain to manover. If I sell this and purchase the 48 not only do I have hydro but Now I can cut more (we do mostly 1/2-5 acre proerties. Most are flat but I figure anywhere thats uneven if the 48" can do the rider can to which has a floating deck. Thanks for the input, any more is appreciated.

Cheers
    Jeff