1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Large Guys and ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willjones4, Apr 17, 2008.

1. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

Any of you big guys have ZTR's? Im over 300 and 6'5". Is it hard to drive with the handles being right there in your gut? Just wondering...
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

honestly, if your gut gets in the way of the handles on your RIDING lawn mower....maybe its time to get a walk behind....
  3. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

I have a walk behind and I walk all the time (no sulky). I aint fluffy, just big. :weightlifter:
  4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

My dad is the same way. Bought a small tractor instead of a ZTR because of it.
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Gotcha, didn't mean to offend or anything....
  6. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

6.4 260

i hate how some ztrs hit my knees when my feet are on the footplate. On some i have to stick my legs straight off the front and sit stiFF

snapper pro works great for me
  7. bard

bard LawnSite Member

I am 6'2 and 250+ and had the same problem with the smaller ztr's. I bought one that was the most comfortable to me and that was the cub cadet tank. I actually have the seat in the forward most position and the sticks at the lowest position and it fits me perfect. Try sitting on some of the larger frame ztr's like the Tank and get one whichever feels the most comfortable.
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Im 6'4 280 too!

But I know u got to watch were the arms are or they will wack ur leg
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This is a little unsympathetic, however, a good point !!
  10. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

im 6'6" i bought control levers that were bigger. grasshopper sells them. they also have bigger seat available