Large job, please post what you'd bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by brentsawyer, Dec 5, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I did the design and this will be my largest job so far and want to know what others would do in this situation if approached, ie, lower prices to get the amount of work this time of year. Here is what I have for specs and would appreciate what you'd bid it if you wanted the job. Please post as if you were asked as a second bidder or someone offered this to you today.

Name QTY. Local Wholesale $
    Fosters Holly 10" 6 $237whsl/$395 retail
    hard to find
    Burkwood Viburnum 3-4' 14 $36
    Boxwood 3 gal 138 $15.75
    Juddi Viburnum 5 gal 42 $36
    China Girl 3 gal 37 $14.50
    Barberry 3 gal 24 $15.75
    Azalea 3 gal 28 $12.50
    Crabapple 1.75-2" 6 $84
    Mulch 50/50 mix compost/top 90yds. $20delivered

I know what I'd price this out as if it were a bunch of smaller jobs but what I'm wondering is if you were approached by the builder to do this what would you return with? ps The plants are all to be planted along one building that has no grass so far and is 300'long and 100' deep

2. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

are those prices per unit? Dave

3. brentsawyer

Price is each and the QTY is right after size. I had nice columns and everything and it got jumbled up after I posted for some reason

4. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

Brent, I`d go 1.5 times the wholesale.Plus I`d add a hourly fee to that.Sorry I didn`t do the math,but I`m too damned tired right
    now. Dave
    P.S. those are some high prices

5. AccuScapes

AccuScapes LawnSite Member
    from NC

I'd have to say use caution w/ a builder. I have been used as a template for him calling someone else and saying: "this guy charges this...what can you do" about 100 times. Builders suck to be honest.

6. brentsawyer

Builder/architect is my uncle,no worries there. The job retails w/65% install fee at around $23K

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Material cost X 2 + labor is a good starting point. You will make good money and be competetive.

8. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

we would do this job with a base price of $19000. We could add drip irrigation to this job also for aprox another $4000. Of course, without seeing the job these are guestamites.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

$100,000 dollars, only gotta do one or two a yr. LOL

10. brentsawyer

Thanks for the help. This only ended up being about half of the job buy I wanted to double check and see what others felt it was worth.