Large landscape construction project, Lots of pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Sep 23, 2007.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Can you explain about the geo grids maybe even pics . Why are the walls incorrectly, please explain in detail. I am very interested. Thank you

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

nice pics looks amazing

3. dominion Lawns

dominion Lawns LawnSite Member

No geo grid, No Geo- textile fabric, the back fill was done wrong. I hope you only had a one year warranty

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Don't be a jerk, he didn't build it. Just trying to jump down his throat.

BTW, that's one of the ugliest houses I've ever seen:)

5. dominion Lawns

dominion Lawns LawnSite Member

He asked our opinion, so to the person who built it please look into ICPI or another accredited paver install school. I see work all the time from contractors that only year or two later that shifts or heaves. Customers have come to expect this out of paver installs which lowers the value of a prodeuct I sell. Dont want to be a jerk to anyone but its $ out of my pocket and yours.

6. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

Geogrid acts as a deadman. It anchors the wall into the hill and prevents the wall from falling forward. Go to unilock website and they have illustrations on geogrid and when and where to use it.

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the explaination on the Geogrid.

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

My thoughts exactly....6 years later....need after photos!

10. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Visibly pleasing work initially, agree not the way I would have done it though. I'm going to put some of this back on the owners as well...from the sounds/looks of it they always shop for the cheapest deals. Probably got the house on the cheap side, then trying to make it look even more luxurious with the new additions, but as cheap as possible again. That hydro-seeding is another example...looks way to light but I suppose it could just be the pics. You get what you pay for, and not all contractors mind doing a job the incorrect and unsafe way.

I am curious too as to how it is holding up.