large lawn bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsf343, Jun 18, 2006.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use those large lawn bags that zip open and close. I have seen
    Tru Green use them and am curious where you get them and for how much.
    They hold a crap load of stuff and seem easy to just throw your grass in and zip shut. Then when you go to dump it seems like it would be easy to dump as well. Unfortunately I don't have a dump bed. anyone use these?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We get them from ABCO" Wholesale in our area. They provide any size bags that you want, sometimes it is trial an error to get the correct size. It is a company thta supplies party supplies like cups and plates and almost anything plastic. When their trucks come in they simply throw them into a big dumpster.

3. jsf343

So those are disposable? I am looking for the ones that are keepers. (nylon I guess?) How much do those cost? Also, just curious why do you do that instead of taking your debris to a dump or something? thanks for the reply by the way.:)

4. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

If i understand what you are looking for, they have them at A.M. Leonard.

5. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

6. jsf343

7. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I like that, could of used it this weekend!

8. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

That's a pretty cool idea, how they are free standing. But for that price I think I'll stick to my 39 gal. bags. I don't use much in the way of bags here anyways. Not a great deal of leafs and that sort, and I surely don't bag grass clippings.