Large Magnolia Installation

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by BrandonV, Feb 15, 2012.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Thought I'd share an impressive project we're in the middle of. Another company installed some 12-15' trees that just weren't blocking the view of the neighbor. I think part of the problem is the previous trees we dug with too small of a ball from the nursery and therefor stunted quite a bit. Anyways, we brought in our spade short-dug them with a 65" ball and have placed them to the side... they'll be relocated elsewhere on the property. I think these trees we're likely dug with a 44" basket when personally I would have at least had a 50-65.

tree exchange01.jpg

tree exchange02.jpg

tree exchange03.jpg

tree exchange04.jpg

tree exchange05.jpg

tree exchange06.jpg

tree exchange07.jpg

tree exchange08.jpg
  2. BrandonV

next we installed the new 30' dd blanchards. beautiful trees IMO. If you notice the view from the porch it the neighbors house is almost gone. We'll next put in an irrigation zone for these specific trees in order to keep them happy.

Toms Creek Nursery & Landscaping

tree exchange09.jpg

tree exchange10.jpg

tree exchange11.jpg

tree exchange12.jpg

tree exchange13.jpg

tree exchange14.jpg
  3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Great stuff!
  4. Clonts Landscaping

Clonts Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, that's a impressive job.
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

now thats impressive! beautiful trees by the way. i would say you definitly got a happy cutomer.
  6. Green Acres Indy

Green Acres Indy LawnSite Member

Nice looking mags. I remember a few projects we did with large trees and the tele-handler. A great tool for maneuvering those big boys. Nice job
  7. Paragon Ridge

Paragon Ridge LawnSite Member

Is that a profile level (laser level) that I see in one of those pics?
  8. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks real good. Wish I could grow more types of southern magnolias up here in northwest Ohio.....About the only Southern variety that may thrive is Edith Bogue. These look fantastic! Spring is good time to transplant Magnoli with their tuberous roots.

Theyre planted close and will definitely give a lot of privacy to the homowner.

Get em watered in good!
  9. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

I liked your facebook page. From the looks of things it looks like you guys know what your doing in a big way. Keep it up, there is not many sizable firms who still do decent work.
  10. BrandonV

Spectra to be specific.
    Posted via Mobile Device