Large Outdoor Kitchen Job Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Apr 2, 2008.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. here are some pics of an outdoor kitchen we have been working on. I will post more as we progress. I hope to be finished by next weekend with everything including the landscaping and sod.

email pics.JPG

email pics (1).JPG

email pics (2).JPG

email pics (3).JPG

email pics (4).JPG

2. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

The stone is the only thing that i subbed out. I stared doing it myself and found out how slow i really am at it. So i called in a friend of mine who is a stone mason. He brought in about 8 guys and did all this stone today and will finish with all of it by tomorrow. We will start laying pavers on Friday. The pavers are Pavestone Venitian Blend

Picture 105.jpg

Picture 106.jpg

Picture 107.jpg

Picture 109.jpg

Picture 121.jpg

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good..Nice job..

4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Cant wait to see the finished product.

Are you using aluminum framing? Do you have any shots of just the frame?

5. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

it is built out of steel studs by a local company and they cover it with hardy board before i pick it up. I really don't have any pics of the inside frame work. it is super sturdy though. i have been walking all over the top of it while setting up some low voltage and while building the pergola and it has not even budged yet.

6. landstyles

landstyles LawnSite Member

I like your Deere...

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Talk to us about how the columns miss the slab.

I also do not like how they will have to walk out into the yard to get to the inside of the island. It seems like that would be a pain.

8. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

If I'm not mistaken, those are fibreglass column surrounds over pressure treated posts, and the slab was there before the posts. You'll have to do something to make them appear as though they're on a slab and not just plunked in the garden. Pergola looks good.:drinkup:

9. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I agree. Although its not finished yet, I don't think I'm sold on that particular selection of stone veneer or maybe its just the pattern that I don't like... IDK, maybe it will look better to me when its finished... Just my .02

10. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It's just that one long horizontal bond that you are seeing. He is using a full size veneer, not an easy thing to do in tight spaces like that. Joints are pretty tight and consistent. I like it.