1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Large Sandstone Blocks?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by barilms, Oct 31, 2005.

1. barilms

barilms LawnSite Member

I have recently found a dilapidated Sandstone block foundation from an old house in Eastern Ohio I will be harvesting them for use in landscaping. I am not a landscaper, nor in the business. The blocks are in good shape, old and mossy but still square and usable. The blocks are very large, they measure approx. 16x12x24 - some a bit larger some smaller. How much do you think each block weighs approx? How much can I expext to sell them for? I will be selling 75 blocks or so. Any help would be great, thanks!

2. stoneseller

stoneseller LawnSite Member
    from MD Z7

I'd guesstimate them to weigh about 360 lbs each.
    Sell price depends on whether a potential buyer REALLY wants them or is only semi interested.
    A major factor of the selling price is who does the transporting. If you offered them to me, I would provide my labor & equipment to go pick them up for free. If you did all the work, and delivered them to me, I'd probably pay about $80 /ton, or about $15.00 each.