Large sod quote advice needed

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by PlatinumLandCon, Sep 30, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done a few 1000sq ft sod installs but nothing this size before. I also get a killer price for sod ($1.50/ 9sq ft rool). The area is about 6500sq ft but it has construction debris under the surface that the home owner wants removed.

Should I rent a mini-ex and a roll-off bin to remove the garbage then harley rake it smooth? I'll add about 50cu yd of topsoil (assume 3" coverage) then just lay the sod on top.

Sounds good?

As for price, I was thinking
    Thanks guys.

P.S. tthomass, the guy at the sod farm LOVES me (I just dropped in today with a few burgers, best $25 i ever spent!)

2. PlatinumLandCon

simple site plan..... They bought the house with a double lot and its ALL dead.

sod map.JPG

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Why the mini-ex? You can't load the bins w/ the skid?

4. PlatinumLandCon

I was wondering about removing the construction garbage. Can a skid dig down 6" and remove stuff?

5. Lawnworks

from usa

Yes it can.

6. PlatinumLandCon

Beautiful.

I was tihnking of renting a bobcat 763. Would it be better to step up to a 863?

7. Lawnworks

from usa

I think either one will be fine... I guess it just depends on how much grading you have.... do you have to cut any bumps out? Any serious digging? I might would just do the 863 to be safe. The harley will be fine on either. Might even keep the bobcat around to help move around the pallets if fits into the budget.

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

9. PlatinumLandCon

I've got a 4.1MP but its my family's, so I cant' carry it around. I'm thinking I should get a cheap cam thats small and light to carry around.

As for the skid, I can't say i'm too pro at it. I've got maybe 2-3 hours under my belt.

10. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

As for the skid, I can't say i'm too pro at it. I've got maybe 2-3 hours under my belt.[/QUOTE]

Ha 2-3 hours you cant even put pro in the same sentence as that. I suggest you sub that part out. But I'm going to bet you wont get that job anyway because your going to way over bid it. We would do that for under 2000.00.