1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Large Tree Trimming

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by PabsMaster, Feb 4, 2014.

1. PabsMaster

PabsMaster LawnSite Member

Im new to the tree site here and would like to ask a question.

I live in central Texas, and own a lawn care company. I recently got hired by one of Willie Nelsons daughters to trim her large oak trees up. ( 3 in total) One of them is also starting to grow over her house has well. These are probably around 60 ft tall in total height. They have not been trimmed in 17 years, there are sagging branches and dead limbs every where. What is a fair price to charge, that I can make some profit on? Also what do you guys charge to haul limbs off and all? How do I calculate that? I have done some of this before, but never this large.

Appreciate every bit of advice,

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

After looking at your profile, I would say contract it out to a tree guy. Lots can go wrong, especially when not having the experience and right equipment for a job like that.
  3. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to say the same thing. You could get killed. Those limbs are very heavy. What if they damage the house
  4. PabsMaster

PabsMaster LawnSite Member

How would that work? How do you contract out to other people?

Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You probably know a few trusted licensed tree guys in your area. Contact them, let them know your looking for someone to sub-contract work that your not comfortable or can't do yourself. Just ask, what they are willing to do. Worse thing they can say is, I'm not interested.

Make sure they are licensed and insured before having any work done! Don't go by them just telling you they are, show me your papers! Make sure they are up to date!