Large vacs and loaders?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allstar, Sep 15, 2003.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

I'm interested in leaf removal,have posted a number of questions on the subject and sent quite a few private messages and e-mails to various members of this website.Based on what I've learned,I'm now interested in purchasing a large vac and loader if I can possibly afford it.I might have to start out doing this job with blowers,tarps,etc. but would like to at least explore the possibility of buying the best equipment available for this job.I've read alot about BILLYGOAT equipment.Is that the name of the company?What are some others and where do I go to look at this type of equipment?Thanks. Jim

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Allstar

Not to be rude or anything. But if you had read all the threads as you say. Then surely you have picked up on names of manufactures and have seen pictures. Why not do some internet searching?

And if you're pricing? Your local dealers will have those answers, not only that, but actual machines to look at.

3. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Billy Goat, Lesco, Giant Vac..... Get a list of different manufacturers, go to their website and find where there is a dealer(s) located in your area. First you need to determine how much you can afford/spend. Then go from there. Better act fast, leaf season is right around the corner. Have you tried the yellow pages? Many times the dealers will list the names of the brands they carry.

If you are looking for a commercial unit that will last, you better forget looking at Lowe's or a Home Depot.....you'll be lucky if it will last a season if it comes from one of those places.

I personally have a Lesco with 16hp B&S and it works well for me.

MATT