1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

larger tires on a metro?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MacLawnCo, Apr 7, 2004.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

on my 48" metro, i want to put wider tires on than the stock ones now. I realize this may involve a rim change, but im willing to do so. Where do i go shopping to accomplish this... and i really dont want to hear that this cant be done. Thanks for your help.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Okay, I'll say it really really quietly.

It can't be done

Seriously. I suppose if you purchase a wheel with the correct offset you may be able to put a wider tire on the machine. The concern is interference with the drive belts.

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ba Humbug. Tell your engineers to get on that for 48" machines.
  4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious Exmark. And i dont say this to be rude and dont mean it as such, but, have you heard from anyone who likes those size tires? I have yet to meet an exmark owner in my neck of the woods that likes em. I think EVERY one of them would rather have bigger tires. I wish all wb's had the same tires on em that the new 60's have. I dont think that a better tire was ever made. THANK YOU EXMARK!
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Acute Cut,

I'll pass it along to the product develoment group. If you would like to get a little feel for what the larger drive tires can do for a gear drive machine you might want to demo a Metro HP.