Larger Trucks to Avoid Emissions Junk

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Dec 26, 2009.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

This seems to be a growing concept Im hearing more all the time. I was wondering what the smallest trucks are that are subject to less or no emissions junk or if there is a certain gvw class that exempts it.

Has anyone gone through with this idea, what did you buy over what alternative?

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Anything out of a pickup truck class something like a Freightliner doesn't have as much emmission crap so your not going to get away from it totally.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

well new 1 1/2- 2 ton trucks have the new exhaust systems. The new NPR's are "clean diesel" and Ford 550's also.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately I don't think you can get away from this nonsense any more.:hammerhead:

6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Even the largest trucks are subject to the 2010 emission requirements. The next fire engines we buy will either have DPF or urea injection.

7. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't there something coming down about 5 minutes of idle and the diesel shuts off?

8. Mile_high

Mile_high LawnSite Member

The next round of all American diesels will most likely have both. Thus fuel economy will drop like a rock.

I have a 2009 duramax that got ~13mpg stock. When it went into regen mode it dipped down to 8 at an extreme. I straight piped it and used EFI to delete the DPF coding and it gets 17.5 in town/20 hwy

It's called clean idle. California jobsite regulations is what I've been told.

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

in nj its a law you gotta shut it down your self after 3 mins..

it used to be here under 19k gvw you didn't need the emissions i dont know if its still like that....

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

Yeah that's the way to do it. Only prob is warranty stuff.