largest bid ever

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Sep 12, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

75 homes in one development. turf area an average of 2,000 sq ft each home. entire development is irrigated. lawns will be mowed, and bagged, and disposed of weekly for a total of 32 cuts per season. each property gets about 1/2 cubic yard of mulch , twice per season. each lawn to recieve 3-4 fertilizer apps, one lime, and a pre-em, 1 post weed, and 1 talstar treatment. approx 60 sq ft of beds at each home, to be kept weeded. what is the price per season? no trees, no leaves

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can give you a good answer but it will cost you. :D

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

No trees = full sun. Full sun + no grub control = a world of hurt!

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

very interesting. i've seen grubs on one out of about 90 properties i've worked on this season.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Whats your costs and how much profit do you want/need ? You know them so whats the price per season?? My price would be differnt than yours. regions and costs

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

that's what i asked for, YOUR PRICES. anyhow, i figured i could do it in 2 days a week, at a cost of about $22,000-$27,000. i'll bid 80 grand i think

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I don't see the words you or your in the original question :rolleyes:
    But since you asked I have free disposal and I buy mulch by the semi loads at $12 a yard. But I have a higher over head so I would be in the 110k range with the beds needing to be kept weeded and that would depend on what kind of condition they were in when I started. Also who takes reponsability for the irrigation ? maitenece timing etc. That would also play a big role in the bid

8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

$84,750 and bet your arse that the bagging would go by the way side. The irrigation is a prime add on and also affects your bottom line, push to grab it. Cleanups (as in out of control beds already) are extra as is vegetation management in non turf/bedding areas, i.e. RV parking areas or playgrounds, sidewalk or asphalt cracks, etc. 1 weekly crew could easily handle this in a couple of hours, with a gardener/bedding crew doing biweekly runs to keep them clean in the beds.

9. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Oh, could I go lower? Yes, I could cut that # in half and still turn a profit, you're only talking about 3.5 acres roughly, but that wasn't the question, it was what you would charge, not how cheap you could go, right?

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Booby send a check for $25 and I will give you the answer. i am now a consultant for people who ask a lot of stupid questions. :D