largest deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walkerowner06, Jun 22, 2006.

1. walkerowner06

walkerowner06 LawnSite Member

what is the largest deck available on any commercial walk behind on the market. a lot of the properties i do are big open areas and i am looking for a commercial walk behind with a large deck so i can cover a larger area. someone told me scag had a 72inch walk behind a few years ago and they stopped making it. can somebody please help me.

2. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I am going to build a 72 scag eventually,I do not believe scag makes one anymore but you can find the decks on EBAY from time to time. The Scag hydros have a few problems I like the lesco for a better platform to build my 72. Attach the 72 to the lesco back half.
    You should find and old Lesco 52 put dual 20 x 10's or 8's on each side with a 25 or 30 HP motor and a lesco velke. KICK MAJOR BUTTT, Big time . that is what I will build for doing big retention areas. It will cruise at 8 or 9 miles an hour as well. I will not get into why the scag is not as good but my 61 was not as good as my lesco 52.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea Scag did make one, I think the day of the BIG walkbehind is over. When we first started I had a 61inch Bunton SKINNY BELT. That thing was a handful.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Scag did stop making a 72" wb...Ferris makes a dual drive 61".

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a 48" or 54" hustler Super WB and ad a flex deck to the side. adds 18" of cutting width without the scalping problems. I am thinking about trying it myself.

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Just go with a new exmark or scag 60. Even If you can find a 72 on ebay, it'll be to old to be productive. Just my .02

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark turf tracer. Bobcat also has a 21hp hydro with a 60" on the market. Not sure about any other brands.

8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Stop advertising roy:nono: :nono: .