Largest drop for a hitch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, May 19, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a Dodge 2500 and need to find at least a 12" drop for the hitch. Do they make 'em with that much of a drop? If not... I'm in trouble!!! If anyone in Carroll, Baltimore or Frederick counties can recommend the first place to look... let me know. I need one asap.

2. What is it lifted?
  3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I recently purchased a dodge 3500 4x4...a 4 inch drop hitch did the trick for me. And I thought my super duty sat high!
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Yes it's a little up in the air. It has added leaf springs in the rear.. called a camper special or something. My trailer tounge is a little lower than average too. I needed an 8" drop for my 1500.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I think 8" drop is the largest I've seen. You can get one of those adjustable drop draw bars that go up to 11"( . Maybe you could lower the whole reciever hitch some how so that you you wouldn't need such a large drop draw bar.
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Man.. this is gonna suck. I'll have to get a high/low drop and then an adjustable drop. :(
  7. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

they do make a 12inch hitch. i have a f250 with 6inch lift, i only have a 10inch drop, its plenty. i don't think you need more than eight inch drop if the dodge is stock.
  8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

It means the truck has been jacked up and up higher then it was when he got it from the dealer. :)
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would try Tractor Supply, as they always seem to have plenty of trailer accessories in stock. I believe I have seen a 6" drop there.

10. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they do make a 12" drop. I got mine where I got my trailer from. Go to a local trailer dealer and they should have what you need.