Largest Landscape Project Yet...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Utility Dave

Utility Dave LawnSite Member

:drinkup:hey redmax were are you from just wondering because you said uncle henrys
    i am from maine
  2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm in Massachusetts but have alot of relatives in Maine and know thats what you guys have up there. We have it too but The Want Ad is more popular around here.
  3. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

so the guy pays 50k for a blower only to have 2 guys load it by hand instead of using a fel? wheres the efficiency in that?
  4. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

project turned out good

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

So the people who you buy mulch from let you use that mulch shooter thingy? I have never seen such a thing?!?! How did you like using it? Everything looks great by the way!
  6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I dont see why anyone would choose this model bark blower, I guess if you can only afford this model, it still beats doing it by hand.

And trust me, its definitely NOT easier doing the forking then being the guy on the end of the hose!
  7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

What is a fel? I don't understand your question.
    Another landscaper did the mulch. It worked very well and extremely fast.
    What are the other models like? These are the only ones ive seen used around my area and ive seen several.

They had a kid loading the hopper and the boss on the tube. Very stressful and rigorous holding and controlling the tube and mulch. See the sweet shirt on his back to prevent it from getting sore. He has to always have a guy behind him holding the tube and slack so its not all laying on the operators back or getting twisted. You dont even have to work very fast or hard to load the hopper.
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice job... I see you have a different truck than you had last year? Did you keep the old one or give it the boot?
  9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

There is the 705, 1208, 1216, 1222, 1240 etc. Carrying 7 yards, 8, 16, 22, etc. They are all loaded with skid steers. We run the 1216 on an international 4900. We can load ours with about 20 yards when heaped up. We can run the truck literally with one person all day and put about 20 yards in 1.25-3 hours depending on if they are large beds, little beds, spaced close, or far, hills, or not, etc.

Its def smart to have a towel on your shoulder the hose can kick your butt, and its much easier to have a second guy on the hose. When there is a 2nd guy, its not hard work at all on the nozzle. However if you are shoveling 80 yards of mulch into that hopper, but the end of the day, you will be dead!

The guys who have the 308 here also use skids to load it, unless they are running small jobs.
  10. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would say something about this not looking efficient but look at the pics of the bark blower and the truck thats some serious money obviously he is doing something right somewhere