Laser-Grader

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by cliplawn, Dec 8, 2006.

1. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any information on the a laser-grader? Price, quality, etc.

2. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

bump ttt anyone with any info?

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Which lazer grader system are you looking at?

4. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

its a mini grader it was featured in TURF magazine with the mini machines. I searched the web and found some interesting info on it but nothing on price or hp.

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

They caught my eye. I would like you could set something like that up with a skid loader or a tractor and box blade.

The teeth could be used to scarifiing (sp?) and a loader could bring in dirt to low areas or use the blade smooth area. A mounting for a laser reciever and slope indicator on the blade might be a better option.

I am thinking it is a factory direct item I am not positive.

6. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

Yeah I emailed the manufactorer but they never replied. I guess they dont want to sell them very bad.

7. LindblomRJ

Years ago Allis Chalmers made a small grader. Was cute that was about it. Mever ran one. I operatied and old Cat 12 and a 140. I am by no mean a great grader operator.

Personally for landscape work a box blade and skid loader do wonders. And you get get a lot more use out it rather than the laser grader IMO.

8. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

A stationary mounted rotor lazer level with a stick mounted on the dozer blade is all I use. I mark the stick at the correct height and then keep the lazer light on that mark. I do a lot of just eyeballing until I get the grade close and finish it up with the lazer and stick method. a lot cheaper than $59000.

9. LindblomRJ

Yes, and you can get a lot more use out of the dozer and laser light too.

10. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

hey mudd,
    i am still using an old sight level. are you able to see the laser light that easy to hold it on a mark? seems like that would work great and could be easily adapted to a bucket or backhoe arm as well if so. i am hoping santa will be bringing me a laser this christmas. it is the only thing on my list.
    take care