1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

laser level

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cutbetterthanyou, Mar 13, 2013.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...a=X&ei=DURBUcLzB_S24AOq64DoDw&ved=0CFMQ8wIwAA

I was wondering if anyone had this one.Thoughts? I am only doing 1-2 paver jobs a year, but i do grading, fences, decks, maybe concrete around the house,maybe pool here soon, whatever really. I'd like to get a laser ,but didn't want to break the bank as will just use it once in a while, would this be a good enter level laser, or waste of money?

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

3. cbass139

cbass139 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device I was going to start a thread in regards to rotary lasers vs transit this may be an area that can help us out... Does anyone use transits? I understand the accuracy is a lot more precise with transits and I like the ability to quickly check elevations... But I really tend to just set grade stakes and line it all out anyways... What is everyone's experience?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We got this, i beleive its the same model, from home depot. Nothing fancy and it has worked well for us. Leveling it it is very easy. Not a high end laser but it gets the job done. I would not trust it 100% more then 75-100' away though.

5. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the responses. neversatisfiedj i found one on CL that you suggested waiting on a call back 600 for laser stihl hop saw with 2 diamond blades and to metal blades i thought it was a good deal.cbass139 i'm not really interested in a transit because it is a 2 man tool and i work mostly buy myself.andersman02 they do sell it at HD and lowes the link i found was just a little cheaper. Idk if i'll get it may hold out for a better one . Even if its not the best it's better than string lines i would imagine.

6. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Again do not buy the Berger from Depot. I went thru 2 of them in three years. The head will just stop rotating. Thats why they are so cheap. I have had no problem with a Topcon for 600 bucks.

7. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

I did read some reviews, seemed either they held up well for a long time or this happened. Hopefully I didn't get a lemon!