laser level

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cutbetterthanyou, Mar 13, 2013.

1. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...a=X&ei=DURBUcLzB_S24AOq64DoDw&ved=0CFMQ8wIwAA

I was wondering if anyone had this one.Thoughts? I am only doing 1-2 paver jobs a year, but i do grading, fences, decks, maybe concrete around the house,maybe pool here soon, whatever really. I'd like to get a laser ,but didn't want to break the bank as will just use it once in a while, would this be a good enter level laser, or waste of money?

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

3. cbass139

cbass139 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device I was going to start a thread in regards to rotary lasers vs transit this may be an area that can help us out... Does anyone use transits? I understand the accuracy is a lot more precise with transits and I like the ability to quickly check elevations... But I really tend to just set grade stakes and line it all out anyways... What is everyone's experience?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We got this, i beleive its the same model, from home depot. Nothing fancy and it has worked well for us. Leveling it it is very easy. Not a high end laser but it gets the job done. I would not trust it 100% more then 75-100' away though.

5. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the responses. neversatisfiedj i found one on CL that you suggested waiting on a call back 600 for laser stihl hop saw with 2 diamond blades and to metal blades i thought it was a good deal.cbass139 i'm not really interested in a transit because it is a 2 man tool and i work mostly buy myself.andersman02 they do sell it at HD and lowes the link i found was just a little cheaper. Idk if i'll get it may hold out for a better one . Even if its not the best it's better than string lines i would imagine.

6. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Again do not buy the Berger from Depot. I went thru 2 of them in three years. The head will just stop rotating. Thats why they are so cheap. I have had no problem with a Topcon for 600 bucks.

7. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

I did read some reviews, seemed either they held up well for a long time or this happened. Hopefully I didn't get a lemon!