1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

laser level

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by woodlawnservice, Mar 26, 2013.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I can rent for $50 a day.... that's a spectra level... I found a dewalt on CT for $250 that includes everything... anyone know anything about these? Hilti on the for $700 to. Brand new never used... said he paid $1600 for it
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. woodlawnservice

The dewalt is manual level.... its a 701... is the auto level worth the additional $$ what's the difference.. or how hard is it to level one and keep it level...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Auto level means the unit levels itself instead of having to adjust it manually. Turn it on and it does the rest, once it starts spinning, it's level. Manual or auto level will sustain level as long as they are undisturbed. Every auto level laser I've worked with will shut down once they aren't level, say if someone bumps it, so you're not unknowingly building grade off a bad shot. Auto level is a feature you want, definitely worth the extra coin.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Spectra lasers are trimbles and there is not a laser that offers what the one I linked to does for the money. Topcon has a starter level for about 700.00 dollars that has a 5 year warranty. I use a laser 8 plus hours a day 2 to 3 days a week and the Spectra has held up good. The Topcon would be worth the extra cost based on warranty alone.

I personally would stick with a name brand like Topcon, Trimble, Leica, AGL etc so you can get quick support.

5. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Spectra LL300 that I bought off ebay. It's the cheapest one that I found that can still do slope. To enable slope with it, you have to buy the RC601 remote however, so it does add to the cost. That said, the remote is great for slope setup.

6. woodlawnservice

What about a spectra laser plane 220?? Asking $300 or make.an.offer.... does.not have tripod...
    Posted via Mobile Device