Laser Receivers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jd5210, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jd5210

jd5210 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Bought three of these receivers the other day at auction. Havent picked up yet but wondering if anyone has experience with these? They are 3 Spectra Precision DR21 Gradio Displays with SN 2319, 2554 and 2557 and 3 Spectra Precision RT2S1 Gradio Receivers SN 2319, 2554 and 2557

John

Receivers.jpg

receiversII.jpg

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They look more complex to set up, I work with the single recievers with 270 degree pick up, but I do like the larger display units.

3. jd5210

jd5210 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I would prefer having a better receiver as far as having the 270 degree pick up you mention. I have some ideal on how to get around this but for what I bought these for I should be able to do everything I need and then some. The displays appear to be large enough, I liked the fact there are no wires.

What do you mean they look more complex? I hope to pick these up on Wensday...

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you need to set up the primary receiver in a good location on the machine, then find another good spot for the visual receiver.
    But they might work in tandem on a blade dozer where you pretty much need to have a visual one on each corner.

5. BOBCATZZ

BOBCATZZ LawnSite Member

Its not complex mount the receivers on a pole on the bucket or arm permanantly mount the visual receiver in the cab eather at eye level or lower
    Nice sunday get out of the house and away from the wife job
    They are a good system very accurate i think they can be used for full auto to

6. jd5210

jd5210 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Feels like x-mas...

Well they are better then I thought and in like new shape. The receivers pick up both ways, the display is huge I wasnt expecting them to be that large.

Needless to say very happy with my buy, cant wait to get one mounted and tested..:weightlifter: