1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Last Blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Speedy, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Speedy

Speedy LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Anyone has any ideal fire back at me. Thanks

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a set of those for scag w/b,I like factory scag "marbain'better.:(
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what the question is but you should make sure to miss that next time.
  4. sildoc

Looks similar to the gators but with out the major dings in the cutting edge.
  5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Mowin with yer eyes open helps!!;)
  6. Maybe you're letting your blades so dull that is putting enough strain to bend the blades.

Don't you ever sharpen them?

I let my blades get in sorry shape too, but I try to sharpen them at least a couple of weeks before that stage.

I will say that the notched foil "Gator" style blades bend more easily than standard foil blades.

7. Speedy

Speedy LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Sorry guys, didn't do a good job on posting this. I didn't put into one thread. Just tried these blades and won't use them again. The other pictures that were to be with this, if I had done it right shows a regular blade bent like this one. Some of the guys on the other thread I posted seem to think it bent because of excess heat of cutting. Cheap metal aftermarket blade. Might have hit a small rock with this blade, but nothing major. It was a new blade. Sorry about the confusion, haven't gottten the hang of posting things yet.
  8. sildoc

What brand was it?
  9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I have a few blades like that. Save it, use it if someone asks you to mow a field or you can use it to practice your sharpening skills. Thats what i need to do.
  10. The melting point of steel is like a thousand degrees higher than the ignition point of grass. Even if you got it hot enough to make it malleable somewhere near red hot you'd be lighting up the lawn.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    Wouldn't that be a sight to see?