last minute clients?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LLMSERVICE, May 15, 2003.

1. LLMSERVICE

LLMSERVICE LawnSite Member

Are any of you in markets where you get a lot of last minute clients? The ones you gave quotes to two months back or the ones who call a month or two into the season.

Does anyone find they get a spike of calls for new clients in June/July.

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

thats how i get all my customers mid June is when i get busy.i just get by paying bills in May

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we usually get a spike right before memorial day for lawn care customers. Mostly the spike in June & July is for landscaping projects

4. I get a spike when it's to hot for them to do them selves.

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, spike when they don't do it themselves any more...

Or there lco who was doing it for $15 realizes that he's not making any money at all and now it's no longer fun cause it's 97 degree outside...

Gary

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got 3 new accounts in the past week that I gave quotes for back in March. I think most of them find that the cheaper guy just wasn't doing a good job. So, they decided to go switch to me.

7. wobblez

wobblez LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

i picked up 8 new customers this week only from there old lco not showing up.

I am jumping for joy :blob4:
    in fact one of my yards got yard of the month so that makes my week too.

8. tnt-g

tnt-g LawnSite Member

what do you mean yard of the month? is there a "best yard" contest in the moble home community you work in?

9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

whats that about?
    i wish i had a yard of the month, good advertising.
    here in the south, we have those signs a lot of places, usually the garden clubs put them out.

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Last minute calls. Let me see, it is 0630 and get a call that they would like their yard mowed by noon. Gotten a few of those. I like an estimate I went on last month. Gave the lady a price. She was happy and let me know that as soon as the weather became sweltering she would be giving me a call. I will just sit right here and wait for her to call