1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Last minute plow truck.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the plow truck I just bought today for $1000. I hadn't replaced last years truck that I sold this summer until now. Its an 1986 K20 with a 400 ci and a turbo 400 trans. Needs a rocker panel, a ball joint and plow lights. Ready to roll. Not bad eh? :D This is the bad side even.

2. ksland

of it....

3. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Nice deal. I can't even find a plow that cheap around here. I hope you have a nice warn garage to fix that ball joint in because it won't be fun doing it outside when its snowing.

Good Luck,
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Get some 38" tires for it and it will look real good. Oh and a 9' Boss V (ok actually 9' 2" lets not get technical :rolleyes: )
    Good deal IMO. I'm surprised it wasn't more money than that since there is snow in the picture! :p :p Was it me selling it, the price would have been twice as much to start with and then it would have been $500 more since you came when the snow was fallin'. :p :D
  5. ksland

No thanks on the tires. My last one had large times, no fun for plowing. Been there done that.

Here is a pic of the engine compartment.

Just may decide to do a rip and repaint on this engine

6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Those 3/4 Ton axles are worth a few hundred easy...Hell of a deal.

If you need any parts I might be able to find them for you.

Good Luck!
  7. ksland

Noticed it has a nice bedliner with no hidden holes in the bed (I lifted the liner) and the tailgate even works! I haven't had an older chevy with a working tailgate in a long time:rolleyes:

Wish I could fall into these more often.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good deal...the plow is worth that much. Kind of like getting the truck thrown in for free, lol.
  9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

For that price did it include the plow? Even without the plow what a deal, but with the plow you need to be given a brownie button. :D
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Let's keep this forum for commercial mowing.

Post this over at www.plowsite.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.