Last Project of 2007

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PerfiCut L&L, Jan 16, 2008.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Here was our final project for the 2007 year. Although we had another project on the table before years end, we didnt start work on it until last week. SINCE WE HAVE NO SNOW.

This project consisted of a runner along the drive way edge, new walk in front, bed edgers, stoop overlay, rear patio, steps, firepit, and some lighting. Heres a few quick pics.

PS: MRUSK, this one project had 4 gutter down spouts, and a sump drain which were all burried, and rerouted for drainage purposes. Although not see well in these pics. I'll try to dig them out.
  2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Nice work.........looks like the builder screwed them on a garage.
  3. chesie

chesie LawnSite Member

Watch that first's a doozy! What is that like 10 or 12"?
  4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

That fourth picture really needs another tread. it looks like a 10" step then a 6 inch step.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. that can not possibly be to code. I would think the code is the same everywhere of 7.5" to no more than 8" rise. That is a huge liability issue i would think. also, that is one heck of a crew. what was that, 6-7 guys running around. seems like they would get in thier own way. I bet you can get a lot accomplished fast if they can all keep busy.
  6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work in the back yard, front looks a bit cramped and that lower step is a hazard. I would add an additional step to it.
  7. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

All you have to do to fix that first step on the back porch is remove a large section of pavers, add some sand and trowel it up towards the step. The first foot out past the step should be level onto the patio. Replace the pavers and the patio will flow nicely up to the steps. Don't make it a ramp, just add enough to flow the pavers up. No need to add any step. Besides, how could you pull that off when steps are built from the bottom up!

Now the front steps are bad.. that first riser must be a good 14" Do the same thing there... remove the pavers.. add some sand. If you have to add more than 2" of sand, your better off adding more base first, and then the sand. Good luck.
  8. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, the first step is too high and it was later fixed.

We brought out 2 extra guys on this job for training. Typically we run 5-7 guys the first day on a job this size. This allows us to ensure we get everything excavated the first day, and in some cases we can get started on the install.

I like to show up on day 2 and have everything prepped ready to begin installation. We will adjust our staffing on subsequent day(s) based on scheduling.
  9. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Handrail ? Looks nice. You do good work.
  10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Who said anything about adding a step to the back steps. I would of added a step to the front. And that could be done.