last reputation ? from me

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by fga, Sep 10, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

when in user cp, i see i had 3 posts rated. after the first one, i had 15 points, after the second, i still had 15 points, after the 3rd, now i have 17. there are no comments at all next to them. And there is that green little light next to each, but the second comment isn't green. does that mean that was negative?
    i don't put too much into this system, but was curious what i'm looking at on my user cp. thanks as always.. and how many points is each supposed to represent?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It depends upon how many points the rater is able to give.
    The first person had 5 points to give. The second person didn't have any points to give, and the third person had 2 to give.
    No the 2nd comment wasn't negative, it just didn't raise or lower your points that's all. A negative given will be a red square.

3. fga

thanks.
    so those must have been pitty points being randomly thrown out :( :(

thanks for taking care of my PM..

crawdad likes this.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say pity points. The person that is giving the rating doesn't know how much "rating power" they have when they leave someone a positive or negative feedback.

5. fga

i simply meant i saw guys talking about just giving everyone points all the time, just to do it... not credible. especially, if they used all their points already and don't register when they do rate someone. how many do we have to give anyway? i only rated 1 so far.