Last round

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DLCS, Oct 24, 2012.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

When does everyone in the north normally finish their last round? I'll be done next week but i don't do many apps like most of you. Temps next week will drop to the low 20's at night, season is coming to a close quickly.

2. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Southern Michigan here and I am always done by November 15th and should be this year as well. We have state rules and some individual city rules that dictate when we have to be completed and subsequently when we can start.

I am not starting round 6 until November 1st and have only resis to do. I am done with commercials as of tomorrow then have some tree shrub feeding to do.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I used to finish about November 15th, but only because a few people, had not raked their leaves and we had to go back--or retreat certain areas that had too many leaves.

If we found during October, a lawn that had too many leaves in spots, we would write a "Service Call Order", before leaving the site. We wanted to be sure we didn't forget to return for anybody who had excess leaves. sometimes we removed the pump, hose and reel, during early November due to the chance of freezing. The late treatments were done as a granular with spot spraying if needed.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Starting my last round next week, will be done by 2nd wk of Nov at least.
    Fert only with minimal spot spraying.
    Love this last app, throw and go.

5. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Started last week and I want to be done by Nov 9th.