Last week of mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bob Minney, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Next week is last week of scheduled mowing. Will still do a few a plus maybe a few after leaf clean up but this is it. Actually look forward to loading other equipment & let the mowers collect some dust.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We have put all our properties on an every other week schedule starting this week. We should be able to mow in that schedule through Nov. It is definitely slowing down now. I am ready for a break too.:)

3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Lawns seem to be growing like crazy here.
    Only a few of the stressed maples have started turning.

4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still mowing my every week customers every week, the grass has slowed down a little bit, but still keep on cuttin, the weather here is still about 85 degrees and alot of rain.:D

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Lawns really growing here. With all the rain we got in the last week, and then the hot weather, the grass really shot up.
    Hoping the grass continues to grow at this speed.

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to be mowing weekly for the next 4-5 weeks. I think that even with the drought, we are going to come out ahead on mowing sales. I personally hope that I can stop sooner, but i have to keep mowing in order to keep studying.

7. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

It shows little if any signs of slowing here, should be cutting at least till second week in Nov.

8. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

We have had plenty of rain here still mowing strong,
    trees are still holding there leaves well looking to stay busy to the end of november leaves and all.

9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Last week, one of my customers thought I had raised the deck on my mower. Noooooooo, it's just responding to all the moisture and better temps. Anyway, I planned to aerate my yard saturday but something happened to the Ryan 5 I'd rented. Too bad because I picked up 5 aerations along with seed/fert. Hope they make good on the machine and let me have it for free next saturday.

10. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Bob, what do you do over there in the off season?
    I still have a few weeks of cutting, then sprinkler blowout and leaf clean up.