last year pics.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JUGA1177, Jan 30, 2007.

1. JUGA1177

JUGA1177 LawnSite Member

last October's jobs.

ladrillo 2 002.jpg

ladrillo 2 010.jpg

trabajo 1 003.jpg

ladrillo 006.jpg

ladrillo 2 009.jpg

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

ladrillo%202%20009.jpg

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

The gaps on that walk are terrible! and you are using screenings!:nono: Other than that, it's OK.

Chris

4. JUGA1177

JUGA1177 LawnSite Member

Yes I Know, And I Always Use Screenings.

5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone is getting away from using screenings. ICPI say it will settle to much

6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Got to cut the gaps on the soilder course!!!

There was only 1 job i did not cut the soilder course pavers. I did a walkway out of techo santorini and had some 1-1.25in gaps. I acctually looked worse to cut the pavers due to the texture of the pavers.

Matt

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Screenings is an improper setting bed material. It does not allow for the seating of the pavers during the initial compaction. This does not allow for proper interlock. Thus leaving your flatwork open to horizontal migration. Second, screenings are not graded properly. Screenings have too many fine particles and the larger particles are flat and brittle. Areas with constant traffic or vehicular applications will fail or rut as the pieces break down. Also, screenings drain very poorly. In summation, if you are concerned about the longevity of your work, my advice would be to switch to washed sand.

Chris