Lastec 421D articulator review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prot1, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

After all the hype about this mower i just had to check one out. My dealer had one in stock so we gave it a shot. We put 17 hours on this mower and here are some of my thoughts:

The ability this mower has to float is amazing. I took it over some of the nasty scalp spots we have and it performed better than my 52 toro zmaster by far. Its also got plenty of power and great ground speed.

Some of the things i didnt like was changing the deck height. I know some people claim they mow all lawns at one height. Unfortunately that is not the case for us. I prefer to be able to change my deck without using a pry bar. I also didn't care for the overall size of the machine. It takes up to much space on my trailer.

Overall I liked this mower a lot. Its got great speed and the cut is nothing short of amazing. Although its a bit pricey i would recommend anyone looking for a large mower check it out. The cut is so much better than the 72 toro groundsmaster we rode its not even comparable.

lastec1.jpg

lastec3.jpg

2. LASTEC

LASTEC LawnSite Member

The 421D is a awesome mower, but you need to check out the new 3372 Articulator! We addressed the issues you talked about in you post. You can lift the deck from the seat and it will fit on your trailer and it's a few grand cheaper then the 412.

DSCN3982.JPG