lastec mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dave k, Sep 26, 2006.

1. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone ever cut with a Lastec mower before?

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I never even heard of them. Do they have a web site to check out?

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Yes, www.lastec.com

I demoed the 61A articulator last year and thought it was a great mower. The three articulating decks really follow the contour of the ground better than a straight deck will. It left a great cut I mowed some really uneven ground with it. All in all I was very pleased with the machine.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks. They look pretty good.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

What stoped you from buying one??? I'd get serious about them but the dealer is 2+ hours away.

6. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

How did the Lastec discharge? I believe it discharges through the rear of deck? No dealers in the Atlanta area, they have good write ups from golf course people.

7. Travis Followell

from KY

No dealers around. Shane White from Lastec brought the machine out. It was $10,500 with the Generac engine, I think it was 28 hp. Thats was just to much to spend on a machine with no local dealer support.

8. Travis Followell

from KY

It will side discharge or rear discharge. When I demoed it it had low lift blades and I was side discharging. To make it reay discharge you have to remove a couple of plates covering the dischage openings and i'm thinking you have to move or add some baffles under the deck. You can do a search on here and find a lot of info about this machine.

9. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Lastec did a lot of advertising in various trade magizines about being seeing them at the EXPO. Seems like they were making another push toward commercial cutters.

Did anyone check them out while at EXPO?