LASTEC My Vote as the Best Mower!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I tried out the Lastec articulator today at EXPO and I got to say it was the best mower I have ever seen or tried. It was amazing on hills, smooth to operate, and built extremely well. I also thought that the option of using foot petals if you were taking a drink of water or something was a great idea. So I just wanted to say that it is a very well made and designed quality mower. You can bet that the 61" will be the next mower I'll get.
    Thanks for the nice hat too!

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I agree that it is one of the best built mowers I've ever seen. A lot of nice features and well laid out. They are just too expensive compared to other mowers.

3. Gatewayuser

I agree they are expensive but I think I would save on just parts alone not to mention the labor from not having to use the push mower.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe a little on labor but... I don't think many will spend $3000 - $5000 on parts while owning their mower.

5. Gatewayuser

On my props I would save $2400 per year in labor. Another thing you got to think about is the deck you could mow when is wet out without a lot of clumping. So for me I could start faster after a rain or heavy dew. And remember I will have happier customers too.

6. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I too tried out the articulator while I was there and fell in love with that mower. Felt like riding on a Cadillac. The less fatigue factor from the bumps make that mower worth the money just for that. I also tried the ferris with there independent suspension and do not think it was near as smooth a ride or as smooth to operate.

Now the only thing I have to do is go out there and make 11,000 to buy one.

The Dixie Chopper guys tried to take my lastec hat for a Chopper hat. Yea right.

7. Gatewayuser

Yea the dixie chopper people tried to trade me my biz hat last year.

8. LASTEC

LASTEC LawnSite Member

Thanks! to all the LawnSite members that stoped by to see me and our mower at Expo 2005, it's nice to see who we are chating with...

9. Gatewayuser

Thanks for letting me try your mower out I'm going to buy one in the spring. Also I talked to you about a striper for the mower but I forgot to ask if it would be out in the spring.

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Let's see....

No dealers in the traditional sense apparently

No distributors in Georgia where I'd need one.

No actual photos of actual mowers on website that I noticed in my brief visit.

This sounds a lot like the situation with the old DeLorean cars of the past. Good idea without enough money backing it to survive. Even the other humble startup brands seem to have more real product than this.