lastest job with rye

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by klogan011, Nov 9, 2010.

1. klogan011

klogan011 LawnSite Member

lol. I know what you mean. I use to work on a golf couse as well. That was the most dreaded job there.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

What's so bad about them? The last one I seen was 20+ years ago a crew mowing a hill in front of a car dealership.

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Using a Flymower can get a little old if you're doing 80 bunker faces and slopes on a golf course. Exhausting on the body. Sometimes hard to hold your footing too.

4. southerngreenscape

southerngreenscape LawnSite Member

Looks good for a fellow augusta georgian

5. klogan011

thanks man. I think that I have seen ya around.

6. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Rye is the best and easiest grass to stripe. You don't even need a striping kit and you can leave some decent stripes. Awesome work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Did you do any work to the front or back yard turf areas? Have any before shots??

8. southerngreenscape

southerngreenscape LawnSite Member

whats the name of your company

9. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

How much rye did you use and what did you do to prep the ground. I just put out 500lbs on a Ball field 3 weeks ago and it does not look that good.

the job look good:usflag:

10. klogan011

The name of my company is Cutting Edge Augusta, LLC. We are out of evans, Ga.

All we did was scalp the grass down, put out starter fert and lay the seed. We used about 80lbs total front and back.

If you only put the seed out three week ago yours still hasn't germinated completely. Honestly three weeks ago was a little to late. the best time is usually mid-late september. This year was a little hotters so late september was the perfect time.

I do have some before pics somehere. I will lool for them. I think I posted a few before pics of the wall.