Laszer CT

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ImprovementsGuy, Jun 18, 2003.

1. ImprovementsGuy

ImprovementsGuy LawnSite Member
    from Indpls

I'm new and looking at the Lazer CT. Was looking at a Turf Tracer HP 48" WB. Can someone tell me what is so different on the CT model. And compare it to the WB 48" just starting out>

Thanks
    Doug

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Doug,

Thanks for the post. Here's a good place to start. This is a post talking about the differences between the Lazer Z CT (LCT) and the Lazer Z HP (LHP) -

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=44556

This second link is to some additional information from the Exmark web site:

http://www.exmark.com/pdfs/Exmark_Quick_Chart.pdf

The LCT is actually more similar to the 48" TTHP than the 48" LHP; however, the LCT and LHP share a common trait. . .You're riding instead of standing or walking!!! This alone would cause me to take a serious look at the LCT.

The spindles on the 48" LCT are the same as the spindles on the 48" Turf Tracer HP (TTHP). The cutting height ranges on both machines are the same (1.5" to 4.5"), but you can adjust the increments by a 1/4" on the LCT, instead of a 1/2" on the TTHP. The pumps are the same size, but there are minor differences between the two. Both use a manual compression-type brake. Both use Mobil 1 15w-50 in the hydro system. You can mulch, bag, or side-discharge the grass with both products. You cannot put the UltraVac on either the TTHP or the LCT. These are the main similarities between the two products.

Here are the differences:

- The LCT is faster (7.2 mph forward and 4.2 mph reverse vs. 6.2 mph forward and 2.2 mph reverse)
    - The LCT uses an 18-hp, single-cylinder, Kohler engine, and the 48" TTHP uses a 17-hp, twin-cylinder, Kawasaki engine
    - The LCT uses an electric clutch to engage the blades and the TTHP has a manual blade engagement system
    - You have the option of adding the EZ Striper to your LCT. No such option currently exists for the TTHP.
    - You have a larger fuel capacity on the LCT
    - The LCT is heavier than the TTHP (790 lbs. for the 48" LCT vs. 625 lbs. on the electric start TTHP)
    - The wheel motors are different
    - Both use standard air cleaners, but each are a little different designs.

From a productivity standpoint, the LCT should make you more productive. You're riding instead of walking for a little more money. You're happy and less fatigued. You'll use this product, like the TTHP, to grow your business. Once your business grows beyond the capabilities of the LCT, you can jump into an LHP, LZ, or LXP. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Here.

lhpct.jpg

4. John Gamba

from ct

And Here's Your Future Lazer
    John

lazerbag500res.jpg

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey John how did you read my mind???? look at your second post and you'll know what i mean i'm drooling over that machine what a sweet lookin set up

6. John Gamba

from ct

It's even Sweeter Then It Looks .
    John

759500res.jpg

7. Lazer_Z

from NJ

John if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your Lazer?and does yours have the Ultra Vac system and one more question if you don't mind what does that system go for

Thanks

8. John Gamba

from ct

The Last One I Bought Is The 2002, Updated In Many Way's, Very suppiror To other Lazers. It Is My Lazer And i Just put the Ultravac On It. The Bagger work's Very Well.

Ok In Early 02 I Paid Cash, Lazer EPS W/Roller Was 9000. I Just Got the Ultravac(In A Creat) 1550 Cash.
    John
    Oh Here It Is with The quikchute.

765500res.jpg

9. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Thanks for the info John

10. John Gamba

from ct

Lazer_z
    The ultravac Is a great Bagger, It really Pack's the Grass in There!
    John.