Latching Solenoid - Trouble Shooting

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ed2hess, Dec 4, 2006.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So Irritrol doesn't sell a latching solenoid?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Irritrol sells a latching solenoid, but I don't think they manufacture it. There are numerous 3/4x20 thread solenoids used in pneumatic applications, that could handle water, given the proper construction.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We've never installed one for our own systems but I've installed two for the city. These are ones that are located on district property (just inside fence lines of ours) but control city parking strip systems. They also "borrow" our water for these systems. :)

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've got 2 in use at a potato chip factory due to cut wires some where. There is a second set of wires that are "dead" and not in use, and the system has been amended so many times that locating the wires would take too much time. It happened during, of course, the hot month of July. So the quickest solution was for us to install the IBOC. Works ok. Not my favorite. But it works.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, aren't you "borrowing" OUR water from Colorado? I do believe Caifornia has rights to some of our water. So don't complain. :)

6. PurpHaze

Uh... Better take a good look at the map again. I'm in the central valley area. We don't "get" any of your water. :)

Your water ends up in southern CA in Lake Matthews. Besides... aren't you on the eastern side of the Continental Divide? Your water ends up in New Orleans. :laugh:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Poor old Mexico doesn't get very much of whatever's left over after you Westerners quibble over it.

8. PurpHaze

By the time the Colorado River reaches the CA/Mexico border it's really nothing more than a drainage ditch.