late fall mower prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tnpete, Jul 23, 2005.

1. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Would the prices on mowers drop toward the end of the season? Say around last fall early winter?
    Will be buying a Ferris 4500Z 60" deck with the cat motor. And was wondering if the savings would be there to wait?
    Price now is $12300. with roll bar and seat belt. Or is this price about what to expect? 2 dealer within 20 miles of me.

Pete

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I found last year that the prices did not drop, but the incentives and financing was a lot better in late Fall or Winter.

3. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 LawnSite Member

Prices should drop once next years models come out

4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

The prices may not drop, but they will be cheaper than next year's prices.

5. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks for the fast answers. When will the new 06 models come out?
    AS of right now Ferris has 6 months same as cash, And then 3.9%. Sure wish they had the 3 years 0%.
    got to demo the Kubota yesterday. But it did not like our hills. And also did not ride near as good as the Ferris. But part of the problem was the tires were over filled with air.
    Told the dealer that and he laughed and told me there right its the way they are . The center of the tires were all that was on the ground. He started off the first hill and it ran away with him. His answer was Well the hills are to much for a ZTR. And I told him i had been over them with a Ferris 4500 with a cat. A 757 JD and a Gravely 260Z. Then he left.LOL But you should have seen him with a run away ride.. :rolleyes:
    Pete

6. rough cut

rough cut LawnSite Member

You may want to check with your Ferris dealer again. I just bought last years IS5000z with the gas engine for $10k plus tax with 0% same as cash for 12 months. I've had it for 3 weeks now and just got the bugs worked out. I was a little to pushy for the dealer and had it delivered 6 hours after they received it. Not alot of time to prep & service. If you wait for next years model of the IS4500 you might save a couple of thousand on an '05 model! But beware, my dealer said the IS4500 are hard to come buy and waiting may end up biting you. I was looking at a gas w/72" deck and they could get the IS5000 cheaper.

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

At my dealer when the demand for them drops the price goes up.

8. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We bought our Stander in the early Fall when Wright was having some kind of sale and I'm sure they'll be doing it again. Good luck.

-Mark Wood