late fee is a beautiful thing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 26, 2002.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

thanks for all the advice on getting customers to pay, and on time. since ive added a late fee in my contracts, i have not had even one person a day late on paying their bill. thanks again

2. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

I've got a late fee, and I still have one account late every month! To make matters worse it's my aunt. I raised her rate by 20% this year, so hopefully that will encourage her to pay on time. I charge a 10% late fee,on the amount that's late, so the amount for the late fee will be more!

3. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

Man, you charge late fees to your Aunt ! ;) I think I know whose not going to be named in the will.... ;)

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

better get it now, she's definately not going to include you.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Raised her rate by 20%! You're a helluva nephew. Guess who she won't be inviting over for sunday dinner. LOL

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

on behalf of all the sweet little old aunts everywhere, shame on you! my aunt asked me to cut her lawn one time cus hubby was sick, i didnt charge a nickle, and i ran when she tried to force money on me, tisk tisk. guess i lost my title as "the most heartless lawn man"

7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

TOSLC

You go guy!!!! Tell'm you're in business to make money, not friends.

8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Hey! Give TOSLC a chance to defend himself.

For all we know this may be a case of the classic "cranky, grumpy, mean 'ol aunt from hell" he is dealing with here.

:D

9. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

Well I guess there goes any shot of an inheritance for you then,

But be careful on the wording on your late fee, remember that if you not a financial institution you can not charges fees.... hopefully you don't find out the hard way in court.... as some others have...... just my .02. ......... .

:blob3: :blob1: :blob4:

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

gslam, i was waiting for someone to say that. and, the wording is, "if your payment is not recieved by the last day of the month, it will be considered late, and a 3% late fee may be applied...." now, as long as i never actually charge the late fee, im ok. it seems though just having it there helps.