Late Fee Working

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Apr 13, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Did a quick receivables check in Quickbooks just now.

All the slow pays from last season haven't changed a bit. But I've signed up a ton of new business this season under my new contract, which spells out a $29.00 late fee and a 2% per month finance charge. Almost all of my new customers have paid and the bills aren't due until the 17th. About half of this season's new customers are on credit card billing, so that helps too. But as for last year's customers, they're still basically paying me whenever they want to. Most haven't paid yet.

The late fee seems to be working!!!!

DFW Area Landscaper
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear that, I'm trying a similar system myself.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Great idea. Glad to hear it's working for you. BTW, how one would go about wording something like that. Would you mind sharing a sample from that part of the contract? Seems like customers would be frightened by it. Also, if you don't want to put it out in the open, feel free to PM me. It would be most appreciated. But I respect your privacy, so you don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable. Thanks. And good luck with the late pays.
  4. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I still send a stamped, self addressed envelope with each invoice. I have approx 70 monthly account and 95 % are paid by the 10th with a few coming in as late as the 20th. No holdovers each month. Try it, people like the convenience and it only costs me about $30 a month
  5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I always send a self addressed envelope with each invoice but never a stamped one, I WILL NOT spend extra money for my customers laziness and responsibility.
  6. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

ONLY $30 a month!

Forget that. Thats almost $360 a year that could buy a new weedeater, etc.!!!
  7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I also send a self addressed envelope, no stamp though