Late In The Season

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by onthesidelawncare, Jul 28, 2006.

1. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

I am new to the business been in for about 2 months here in Jacksonville FL. I know we can pretty much cut all year round down here. But what is the best way to get customers this late in the season. I pass out fliers everyday I am not at the fire station, have an ad out in a local magazine, I have learned that much from this site. My question is what kind of sales pitch should I throw at my potential customer this late in the season?

2. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am here in RI and am new to the business....two years.

I am finding that you need to keep your name in the local newspaper....and people will respond to a "family business" pitch.

This is a great time of year because people get tired of cutting their grass or get hurt and can't cut or get busy or go on vacation.

I have got the most calls from my ad this week.

I find that when you talk to people learn their name and repeat it several times.

Once you get a customer make sure you treat them well because theya re gold.

Good luck there in Floriday. :usflag:

3. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

I agree with HarnettLawnCare. I have just started my own business, but I'm in Central Florida. To tell you the truth, here in Florida, most people are already in seasonal contracts. You will find people, like HarnettLawnCare said, that are tired of mowing etc.. Alot of customers have also told me, that alot of people have left for the summer.

4. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

Thanks for the ideas I guess I will keep pounding the pavement.

5. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

That's all you can do. Keep pumping flyers and business cards. I even go by the local grocery stores and put flyers on peoples cars! Don't give up. Talk to your neibors or anybody. I recieved 2 more lawns from word of mouth from my neibor this week. Good luck.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Provide good work and show-up no matter how hot it gets. Many of the fly-by-nighters hate the heat and won't show. Customers will call AND PAY for someone to show-up! Good Luck!

7. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

hey harnett your in ri too, thats cool cause the first person on here ive met thats from ri too. im from cranston.

8. GBSLAND

GBSLAND LawnSite Member

Get your name around by passing out flyers, Passing out cards, Putting cards in Car Wash's, or a small little store. Also ask your local pizza place if they can pass out your cards or flyers when they deliver pizzas.

Good Luck
    Gary

9. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

:usflag: :usflag: Hey Mike's Lawn Care....hope all is well...I do lawns in Narragansett; SK; EG: and NK.

Part time with my two sons and my son's friend...about 16 hours a week.

Take care and see you down the line...