Late night phone calls

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Uranus, Dec 5, 2006.

1. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

my normal phone hours are 7am - 6pm, the exception is when it snows I staff our office 24 hours than. I made the mistake this past summer of allowing for customers calling after hours to leave a message or press 2 for emergency service. Needless to say no one left a message. Its great when at 2 am the cell phone rings and it a customer wanting to know if we clean gutters. Or my personal favorite the customer that called at midnite to tell me the edging(trimming) along the side walk was not square to the concrete. Mind you the slabs are heaved by tree roots.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Another reason to go commercial. And to get caller ID.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Care to define "go commercial"?

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yep, I don't do houses. I do company work for companies.

5. C&F Landscaping

C&F Landscaping LawnSite Member

In my world phone calls = Dollars. I always answer my phone.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: Yeah I don't think such a thing as a "Lawn Emergency" even exists...like what "Oh no there are dandelions...please come immediately!!!! HEEEELLLLLPPPP!!"

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

As soon as I get the call with someone saying "the DANDELIONS are EATING ME. HELPPPPPP"

I'll put a "press 2 for emergency calls"

BTW: Has anyone ever had a customer EAT, yes I said EAT a mushroom in their lawn? most likely their kid? and did they get sick?

I have had dandelion soup before, it was gross as heck, but i didnt get sick. lol

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have eaten a mushroom out of a yard before.:hammerhead: But I was a little kid and the kid across the street told me to eat it...so I did! I puked.

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Just like when I was younger, the kid across the street told me there was NO EASTERBUNNY!!!

boy did that make my mom mad. when I look back on it, it was funny. Plus, im good freinds with the kids dad who does tree work and I contract work to him all the time. LOL!