Late season mulching

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by lqmustang, Aug 26, 2005.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Did this small job today. The end result looked really nice so I thought I share a few pics. I wish all my customers would splurge on the better quality mulches. Sure makes a nice end result.

DSC00697.JPG

DSC00698.JPG

DSC00699.JPG

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good. I would have tired to talk them into bigger tree rings though. Out to the drip line works best.

3. lqmustang

I agree, especially on the trees by the curb. But hey, customer gets what customer wants. In this case that was cleaning out the bed which were prety weedy, and installing the mulch. Wish I woulda taken some before pics.

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Know what you mean man. I was not dogging you in the least. You gotta please the man that writes the check!

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

How much mulch did you use? Did you pick it up or have it delivered?

6. lqmustang

I used about 5.5 yards of Alabama Auburn mulch. Used my F250 to bring it to the site, 2 trips. Thanks :)

7. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

how do u guys make a decent ring around trees? is there a tool u cna use to make a decent circle or do u just eye and mesure it?

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

yes...... a piece of string and marking paint. tie the string to the center so you can swing 360 degrees. in you hand hold the marking paint and spray as you go.

9. out till dark

out till dark LawnSite Member

Awesome tip man . Sean should post it in the tip of the day thread.

10. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

first off it looks great!!!! nice color choice. but doesn't anyone see the street in the last picture. I mean come on thats gotta look nice a brick road!!!!! :cool2: