1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Late Season Storm For Wednessday

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by GeoffDiamond, Apr 9, 2000.

1. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well ya never know when winters going to be over for sure i guess. I am now watching a storm for wednessday, not sure what we will have to do yet, or if we will have to do anything at all. Guess i might have to put those V-boxes back in the trucks.<p>Geoff
  2. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

Geoff, no need to wait till wed. we got 8&quot;last night and its still comming hard thay say 6-12&quot;. the ground is so soft, hard not to plow things up. i will wait till 2am then back at it.<p>----------<br>Todd <br>
  3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

well, its snowing to beat the band here in central CT right now. Maybe two inches on grassy surfaces, none yet on pavement. I just hope the temp stays up, not gonna find salt mix at the supply yard this time of year, heck Ive been using mulch and decorative stone all last week.<p>Bill
  4. yortengel

yortengel LawnSite Member

Well it snowed pretty good here in Detroit. nothing on the pavment. Its now 4:00 pm and all the snow is gone. Temps gone up a little.<br>Well theres always next year.
  5. Alan

Alan Member

We got 13&quot;+ in northwestern Vermont, started out as rain and switched over to snow,, heavy underneath with powder on top. Was not a fun scene at all
  6. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

Alan did you use any Magic and if so how did it work for you?<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200
  7. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

All said and done we got 12-15.Like allen said not much fun.Started the same here rain tto snow.The biggest flakes I'v ever seen, they looked llike sheets of paper falling out of the sky.<p>----------<br>Todd <br>
  8. Alan

Alan Member

John, I put down about 1 1/2 tons of Magic trated salt. My not so scientific observations were that it definately worked faster and seemed to remain effective longer than straight salt would have. I'll definately be treating my winter supply this fall. <p>I just wish I had had one of those urethane edges, would ahve been a perfect place to try it in loose gravel. As it was I pretty well plowed and harrowed some spots.
  9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

HAHA Thata what you get for saying that the season is over when we met in NH.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  10. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

That property manager that asked about me keeping the loaders offsite. Sent me an e-mail that said he was happy the loaders were in his lot right now. If funny how people change their minds when snows comming.<p>Too bad i picked up those marking stakes, i generally wait to the 15th. Next year it will be the 15th no ifs ands or buts about it.<p>Geoff