1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lately for some reason

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 6, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

alot people are calling me for demo removal concrete and gates post and junk i can dump it at the same recycling center but i dont want to get into it mainly because i got my trailer rebuilt so i can do some light tree work with a buddy of mine. i had a guy yesterday that needed 8 stumps grinded ,pool area leveled which is easy .busted up concrete of barbecue pit and walkway.lol that heavy sheit but its good money .the rest of the cleanup was light branches removal , leaf cleanup hedges trimmed topsoil layed ,seed and fert and first cut.so it would of paid pretty good.just wondering if you guys do any light demo hauling.
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have in the past for full time customers as fill in work on crappy days. One I did last year had 2 loads in my trailer for a total of aprox 4 ton. I had to take it to the landfill and pay a fee per ton to dump. Lots of work. Money was good but I would call it Medium hauling not light hauling.
  4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

We do because landscape construction is our primary focus,3 bobcats and numerous dump trucks can handle most anything.That is a totally differant crew... If it was just light hauling branches etc then yes the maintenace crew would do it...If you can handle it with the equip you have and have the time, make a decent buck at it that why not?
  5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I used to do spring clean outs of houses, garages, etc. and dump the stuff at the local rubbish removal yard. i also use to haul scrap steel for money.
  6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

I read this yesterday and thought about it and of course while working at a house today the lady across the street came out to ask if I could remove these 50 yr old yews in a 15' wide hedge and yep, you guessed it, a brick/stone/mortar/iron insert BBQ in the back yard. I said no to the BBQ right away because I didn't want to have to haul it all away, but then I suggested a dumpster for the Yews(It would be 3-4 dump runs in my f250 p/u) and said I would give the BBQ a shot while I was at it. I told her I work alone so it might be too much. I'm bringing a sledge hammer and a crowbar and will take a few whacks to see what happens! The only iron or steel is a rusted out insert so no big deal. I'll get good cashola for it so I'll try, but if it sux then I'll say the heck w/it.

My point after all that is rent a dumpster and start smacking the crap out of that concrete. A five yard is about 150$ or so I think. It beats going to the dump w/all that weight in your truck one or more times. Just an idea.